[alto] No planned f2f meeting in Bangkok, but ...
Vijay Gurbani
2018-10-01 16:20:17 UTC
Folks: At this time, neither Jan or I will be able to be in Bangkok.

There are a couple of ways to proceed to move the work ahead. Please
indicate which one you prefer:

1/ We can hold a virtual interim meeting before the Bangkok meeting in Nov.
2/ If a f2f meeting is desirable, then someone else from the WG who will be
in Bangkok can act as a temporary chair to hold the meeting. Jan and I
will support him or her remotely, of course.

Please let us know which is preferable by end of this week. In the event
that we don't hear from enough WG members or we reach a deadlock, we will
proceed with option 1.

Thanks.
Y. Richard Yang
2018-10-01 19:48:41 UTC
Hi Vijay, all,

I support option 1 then. Some active participants are already planning for
option 1; for example, Danny has already deferred his award scholarship to
support his travel for the next IETF (IETF 104).

Some of us are organizing weekly ALTO working meetings, and we want to
volunteer to help organize the virtual interim meeting after we reach the
decision on option 1 or option 2.

Richard

Richard

Richard
Post by Vijay Gurbani
Folks: At this time, neither Jan or I will be able to be in Bangkok.
There are a couple of ways to proceed to move the work ahead. Please
1/ We can hold a virtual interim meeting before the Bangkok meeting in Nov.
2/ If a f2f meeting is desirable, then someone else from the WG who will
be in Bangkok can act as a temporary chair to hold the meeting. Jan and I
will support him or her remotely, of course.
Please let us know which is preferable by end of this week. In the event
that we don't hear from enough WG members or we reach a deadlock, we will
proceed with option 1.
Thanks.
| Professor of Computer Science |
| http://www.cs.yale.edu/~yry/ |
=====================================
Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)
2018-10-02 08:56:35 UTC
Hello all,

I support option 1 as well.
Best regards,
Sabine

=====================================
Qiao Xiang
2018-10-02 14:15:14 UTC
Hi Vijay and all,

I support option 1, too.

Best
Qiao

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 4:57 AM Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia -
Post by Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)
Hello all,
I support option 1 as well.
Best regards,
Sabine
[...]