[alto] ALTO WG meeting at IETF 101
Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)
2018-03-06 17:51:06 UTC
Hello PANRG members,

The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) WG is going to have meeting at IETF 101 next Monday: 15:50-17:20, Room -3E Palace C.

As you may remember a presentation on ALTO made was at the IETF100 PANRG meeting in Singapore, the presentation slides are available at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/slides-100-panrg-04-the-ietf-alto-protocol-and-its-extensions/

The ALTO WG is interested in your requirements on ALTO to help the PANRG. To this end it would be great if somebody from PANRG could propose a short presentation in that direction. In any case, I will be great to have you at the WG meeting and collect your feedback.

For short: ALTO exposes abstractions of the network topology to guide applications towards a network costs and performance aware endpoint selection. Current WG milestones include a deeper network topology insight, exposing abstracted network elements, additional properties, calendaring transmissions, incremental information updates.

Best regards,
Sabine
Brian Trammell (IETF)
2018-03-08 12:42:48 UTC
hi Sabine,

I could come over and give a quick talk about next steps for panrg, an abbreviated version of the open mic intro in PANRG itself (agenda to be posted shortly)... However, I have another meeting during the alto slot, so I'd have to do this fairly early in the session. Would that work?

Thanks, cheers,

Brian
2018-03-09 09:28:05 UTC
Hi Brian,

Thanks a lot for your proposal. Let's see how it works out with the agenda.
Cheers,

Y. Richard Yang
2018-03-09 15:34:12 UTC
Personally, I like a brief intro about next steps for panrg at the alto
meeting and an early slot is good.

Thanks!
Richard

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 4:28 AM, Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia -
Post by Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)
Hi Brian,
Thanks a lot for your proposal. Let's see how it works out with the agenda.
Cheers,
Sabine
I could come over and give a quick talk about next steps for panrg, an
abbreviated version of the open mic intro in PANRG itself (agenda to be
posted shortly)... However, I have another meeting during the alto slot, so
I'd have to do this fairly early in the session. Would that work?
Thanks, cheers,
Brian
On 6 Mar 2018, at 18:51, Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay) <
[...]
| Professor of Computer Science |
| http://www.cs.yale.edu/~yry/ |