[alto] I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-03.txt
i***@ietf.org
2018-03-05 17:36:10 UTC
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

Title : Unified Properties for the ALTO Protocol
Authors : Wendy Roome
Shiwei Dawn Chen
Sabine Randriamasy
Y. Richard Yang
Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
Filename : draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-03.txt
Pages : 27
Date : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
This document extends the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
(ALTO) Protocol [RFC7285] by generalizing the concept of "endpoint
properties" to other entity domains, and by presenting those
properties as maps, similar to the network and cost maps in ALTO.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-03

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-03

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
Jan Seedorf
2018-03-15 22:27:31 UTC
Authors,
I am taking a look again at the possibility of integrating cellular
into UP quickly. An alternative is that we get it done shortly, in the
next couple days.
If this is the approach, Sabine is a great person to work together.
Make sense, Sabine?
So, has this been done for UP-03, or are we moving UP and path vector
ahead and will add cellular addresses later on?

 - Jan
Randriamasy, Sabine (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)
2018-03-16 14:12:12 UTC
Hi Jan,

The current option is to keep the cellular addresses in a separate draft. Upon discussion among its authors, the UP draft focuses on the introduction of a new service information resource which is the (Filtered) Property Map service, applied to "entities" that extend from Endpoints to PIDs, ANEs, Cells and other potential entities. So the UP draft would provide the framework to convey Property Maps and introduce new Entities.

The definition of specific entities such as cells and ANEs are respectively located in the "ALTO Cellular Addresses" and "Path Vector" drafts.
The impact of cellular addresses and the UP draft is that cells are both entities and endpoints, and this has raised the need to further harmonize the usage of ALTO Address Type and ALTO Domain Type registries. Specifications in this direction have been added in section if the UP draft section on IANA considerations.

Hope this answers your question,
Sabine

Date : 2018-03-05
This document extends the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization
(ALTO) Protocol [RFC7285] by generalizing the concept of "endpoint
properties" to other entity domains, and by presenting those
properties as maps, similar to the network and cost maps in ALTO.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new/
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-ne
w-03
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-unified-props-new-03
Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
Jan Seedorf
2018-03-16 19:08:55 UTC
Hi Sabine,

thanks for your answer; yes, that answers my question. That means that
we can move UP ahead and your cellular address draft may add such
endpoints at a later point in time.

 - Jan